BPI believes that the success of the Boston Pizza concept relies on the strengths within in the two groups below.
Boston Pizza International believes that the success of the Boston Pizza concept, and the strong historical increases in same store and system revenues, is driven by the following factors:
- Low food costs
- Broad demographic appeal due to the restaurant and sports bar combination
- The ability to target multiple dayparts
- A single brand focus
- A focus on franchising versus corporate operations.
The ability of the Boston Pizza concept to be successful in both large urban centers and smaller rural markets is the result of:
- A low average cheque relative to many other casual dining concepts
- An ability to continuously update the concept
- An award-winning national marketing program
- An increasing number of franchises, allowing Boston Pizza to increase
purchasing efficiencies and to reduce unit cost overhead.